Who Should Apply
Move to End Violence seeks inspired individuals who are committed to building a social change movement that will end violence against girls and women in the United States. Our second cohort of Movement Makers will include leaders who use creative and innovative approaches to address the root causes of violence.
The strongest applicants will be:
- Dedicated to ending violence against girls and women;
- Self-reflective and in pursuit of personal growth;
- Self-defined leaders (though no positional authority is required);
- Intersectional in their analysis of and approach to social justice work;
- Ready to engage in conversations around tensions and conflicts in the movement and open to exploring new solutions;
- Forward and strategic thinkers;
- Movement-minded collaborators;
- Strategic and experienced in social change campaigns;
- Passionate about maximizing this movement’s potential to affect social change; and
- Energized by what they know about Move to End Violence and the work of the pilot cohort.
We believe that individual and networked leaders cannot achieve social change without the support of strong, well-resourced organizations. Therefore, applicants to Move to End Violence must be housed within organizations that:
- Support full participation of the applicant in the program (please see Support for Application);
- Demonstrate a commitment to ending violence against girls and women through social change; OR focus on a different aspect of social justice work (other than ending violence against girls and women), but use a girl's and women's rights lens and are strongly committed to cross-movement collaboration; and
- Are consistent with NoVo Foundation’s mission and vision.