NoVo Foundation, Movement Makers, and the United State of Women #stateofwomen
On June 14th, thousands of people who are all working to change tomorrow gathered at The United State of Women Summit. The inspiring lineup of speakers, included: President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, First Lady Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, and many more.
NoVo Foundation and Move to End Violence Movement Makers also took stage. Plenary speakers included Movement Makers Joanne Smith, Quentin Walcott, and Lynn Rosenthal.
Movement Maker Quentin Walcott of CONNECT, along with actor Matt McGorry, talked about the role of men in ending violence against girls and women during the plenary on Day 1.
Movement Maker Joanne Smith of Girls for Gender Equity talked about the need for an intersectional, cross-sector movement building approach to ending gender-based violence.
“We have to prioritize violence against girls…Violence is the bedrock of inequality.” —Pamela Shifman #StateOfWomen #VAW
NoVo Foundation and Movement Makers who also attended and/or presented included:
- Pamela Shifman, NoVo Foundation
- Puja Dhawan, NoVo Foundation
- Neil Irvin, Men Can Stop Rape
- Andrew Sta.Ana, Day One
- Vivian Huelgo, ABA Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Jamia Wilson, Women, Action, Media
- Patina Park, Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center
- Kelly Miller, Idaho Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence
- Patti Tototzintle, Casa De Esperanza
- Sandra Park, ACLU Women’s Rights Project
- Shakira Washington, Rights4Girls
- Eesha Pandit, Writer/Activist
- Nicole Matthews, Minnesota Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition
Learn more about the Summit and watch the full video of the day.