Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Move to End Violence. We are currently hiring a Move to End Violence Program Manager at The Raben Group:
The Move to End Violence team at The Raben Group is looking to hire a Program Manager! Move to End Violence is an operational program of the NoVo Foundation, dedicated to strengthening and supporting the movement to end violence against all girls and women in the United States, including cis and trans women and those who are gender non-conforming. Through convenings, workshops, virtual resources, and organizational supports, Move to End Violence aims to foster transformational leaders; explore the practices of liberation and equity; build strong, healthy, and sustainable organizations; and support a strong social change-oriented movement.
About the Role
The Move to End Violence Program Manager is a new role. Our team’s need for this position stems from our transition to shared leadership throughout the program and a renewed commitment to creating equitable, justice-oriented spaces that center the healing and safety of our all women of color cohort.
The Move to End Violence Program Manager’s core responsibilities include the following:
- Plan values-based programming, including Move to End Violence convenings, workshops, and other events
- Facilitate network weaving, especially in ways that connect the current cohort of Movement Makers to program alumni
- Support and collaborate with staff, faculty, venue staff, vendors, and participants to create equitable movement spaces that support healing, disability justice, gender justice, language justice, and racial justice
- Gather stories from Movement Makers, the broader MEV community, and related movements, and promote on social media and other communications platforms
- Actively participate in team efforts to deepen our practices of relationship building, learning, and leadership development
As a small team, we practice shared leadership and look to invest in team members’ areas of interest. Opportunities to lead or collaborate on special projects are encouraged, especially to develop new skills or explore different types of projects.
Frequent travel (at least once per month) is likely. The Program Manager will work closely with the Program Coordinator and will report to the program’s Co-Directors.
About the Team
We are a six-person team working for the NoVo Foundation out of The Raben Group, a progressive public affairs consulting firm. We work with other consultants and experts in the fields of transformative leadership development, organizational development, movement building, liberation from oppression, and building beloved community to implement our program. Move to End Violence participants – known as Movement Makers – are leaders and visionaries working to end violence against all girls and women. We are currently working with our fourth cohort of Movement Makers; the fifth and final cohort will run from 2020 through 2022.
We are a virtual team, and the position may be based anywhere in the United States. Current team members include Monica Dennis, co-director; Priscilla Hung, co-director; Emily Cavanaugh, director of operations; Michelle Lambert, director of communications; and Ramelcy Uribe, program coordinator.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills across race, gender, class, and multiple identities
- Confidence, command, and a strategic organizer’s approach to bringing together diverse groups through complex planning processes
- Familiarity with and experience in U.S. social justice movements and a strong political analysis
- Flexible; works hard to create possibilities and options
- Ready and willing to bring their whole self into this work
- A willingness to practice and engage with different styles of leadership, followership, and creative collaboration (e.g. co-leadership, managing up)
- Committed to creating and participating in a values-driven workspace
- Eager to embrace an open, learning stance
- Brings creativity, proactivity, positivity, curiosity, and a warm presence
There is no education or prior work experience requirement. The strongest candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to racial and gender justice; experience with disability justice, gender justice, language justice, and healing justice are helpful, though not required. Preference for bilingual or multilingual speakers. We strive to create space for folks who identify with our current cohort of Movement Makers. MEV seeks to center the leadership of women of color and Indigenous women, including cis and trans women and those who are gender non-conforming, and others who are most impacted by gender-based violence in this country. We are looking for someone who will bring a spirit of collaboration, partnership, experimentation, and play to our team – in service of a powerful purpose.
The Raben Group finds it quite natural to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, living the values of diversity, equity, inclusiveness, and justice in everything we do. We highly value each of our staff member’s unique life experiences and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Salary is competitive. Benefits are generous and will be shared with interviewees.
How to Apply
In our first round of consideration, we invite applicants to share a resume and a response to these short-answer questions (1 page):
- What most excites you about this opportunity? How would this position build on your movement work to date?
- What are 1-3 approaches or strategies that are important to you when creating values-based programs?
- We operate a transformative capacity-building program in a movement-building setting. What are 1 or 2 practices or teachings that you bring to your work or way of being?
Please send your application materials as PDFs to email@example.com with your last name followed by “MEV Program Manager” in the subject line (example: “Boggs MEV Program Manager”). Priority will be given to applications received by March 29, 2019 though we will continue to accept applications through April 5, 2019. We are hoping to make an offer by early May 2019. No calls please.